The NECO GCE Form 2022 is now available. For external candidates, registration for the 2022 NECO GCE (November/December) is currently underway. The deadline for registering has been extended. For external candidates, we have provided comprehensive instructions on how to complete the NECO GCE registration form for 2022/23.
The biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centers are incorporated into the 2022 NECO GCE registration process.
2022 NECO GCE Registration: Instructions & Guidelines
NECO GCE Registration in 2022: Instructions and Guidelines The National Examination Council (NECO) is currently selling application forms for its November/December 2022 SSCE External exam (for private candidates who are not enrolled in a school).The NECO GCE Form is now available online.
Below, you’ll find the price, subjects, registration information, and other information you need to register without a hitch.
The sale of application forms for the Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates in 2022 has begun, according to the National Examination Council (NECO).
Candidates who do not currently attend school are primarily eligible to take the External Senior School Certificate Examination.
NECO GCE – General Information
- The Registration fee, once paid, is not refundable.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. (A list of suggested cyber cafes nationwide where candidates can log on to register are available on the NECO website – Internet Service Operators – or are physically on display at our State offices nationwide.)
- Candidates should carefully follow the instructions on the online scratch card before registration.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses before registration.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image/photograph during the registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti, and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another card.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into an examination hall once an examination commences.
- Wearing of face mask in the exam hall is compulsory.
- Social and physical distancing in the examination hall or classroom will be strictly enforced/observed.
- Every candidate should bring into the examination hall or classroom his/her own hand sanitiser.
- A candidate showing symptoms of COVID-19 in the course of the examination will not be allowed to continue until he/’she is certified to be medically fit.
NECO GCE Exam Centres:
Each state’s examination centres have been divided into neighbourhoods. The state in which candidates intend to take the exam should be their neighbourhood of choice. After submitting their registration information online, they will be assigned a center in the selected neighbourhood automatically.
See also: Price of NECO GCE Registration Fee 2022.
NECO GCE Available Subjects
The SSCE External has Twenty-nine subjects as follows:
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic Language
- Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK)
- Civic Education
- Further Mathematics
- Health Education
- Islamic Studies
- Literature in English
- Physical Education
- Store keeping
- Technical Drawing
Candidates should note that Nigerian Languages (Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba) include Literature components.
How to Apply for NECO GCE Form
The registration period begins on 17th August 2022 and ends on 14th November 2022 at midnight.
The NECO SSCE External Registration fee is Seventeen Thousand Eight Hundred Naira (N17,800.00) Only.
Stamp Duty: N50.00.
All payments should be made into the NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) SSCE (E) NECO portal.
Visually Impaired Candidates:
Visually impaired candidates are to register like everyone. However, they are to indicate the nature of their disability when making entry of their bio-data in the offline application during registration.
Lare Registration & Walk-In Registration:
Late registration will attract payment of ADDITIONAL One Thousand Naira (N1,000) only.
Walk-in registration will commence from 15th November and will end on 19th November 2022. The amount is Twenty Five Thousand Naira (#25,000.00) only per candidate. Registration must be done a day before the scheduled time of the first subject/paper intended to sit for.
Mode of Payment:
Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) are to Visit http://www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using either their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts and pay into the NECOSA through five payment options.
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THAT SCRATCH CARDS ARE NO LONGER USED FOR ALL NECO TRANSACTIONS
Application for Registration:
There are two ways to register: online and offline. Candidates should go to the Council’s website at neco.gov.ng SSCE External link to find the closest registration location (Cybercafé), where they can register at any time during the allotted registration period. Candidates can also sign up for an account, get a registration token, and go to the registration point to sign up.
- A passport size photograph is required for the registration. The candidate’s passport size photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must have a white background. System Camera can also be used to snap the passport size photograph at the point of registration, as the case may be.
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING THE OFFLINE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION DURING THE CONDUCT OF THE EXAMINATION.
- CANDIDATES FOUND TO HAVE MISMATCHED FINGERPRINTS AT THE POINT OF VERIFICATION ARE DEEMED IMPERSONATORS AND WOULD BE SANCTIONED ACCORDING TO EXTANT LAWS.
- Create an Account: Create an account by visiting https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ and clicking the Register Here Link.
- Activate Your Account: An activation email will be sent to you. Follow the instructions contained in the email to activate your account. Sometimes the email might end up in your spam folder.
- Login: Visit ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng Use your registered email and password to log in
- Make Payment: Once logged in, you can make payment for SSCE external examination. your payment is successful, and you will be issued exam and/or four-figure table token(s)
- Locate a Registration Point: To register, you have to visit any approved cybercafes operators registration points. Visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng/ to help you locate one near you.
- Register Offline: Register by providing your information, including pictures, fingerprints and subjects you wish to sit for.
- Print Your Photo card: Provide your token to upload your data. Once the system verifies your token, you will be issued a photo card with your registration number and details.
NOTE: A candidate must be registered and either have an online account or have one created for them by a cyber café in order to upload their data to the NECO portal online and obtain examination numbers. After logging in to the account that has been created, the candidate must purchase registration tokens (scratch cards are no longer used for SSCE External registration).
SSCE External Registration Token Candidates can use the Registration Token to register for the SSCE External Exam on their own or at a Registration Point. A candidate must purchase a Registration Token before they can take the SSCE External Exam. A candidate can go to the closest Registration Point or buy his or her Registration Token from their accounts.
NECO GCE Attestation Photocards and Timetable
Akahi Tutors: PASS AT ONCE in 2023 JAMB, Post UTME, SSCE, Pre-Degree, JUPEB & School of Nursing @ Akahi Tutors, Ile-ife. Call 08038644328
Don't Miss Our Latest News! JOIN OUR WHATSAPP LIVE BROADCAST TO GET FREE LATEST NEWS UPDATES
CHECK National Examinations Council (NECO) GCE Timetable for 2022 SSCE External Candidates.
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the Cyber Cafe.
- Timetable for the examination, and
- At least one (1) clear copy of the NECO Photocard, which would be used to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall. (Candidates should note that Passport size photographs on the Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall)
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photocard should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following:
- The Principal of a recognised Senior Secondary School
- An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
- A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain
- A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
- A Legal Practitioner with not less than ten years experience.
1 reply »