OAU 2022/2023 PRE – DEGREE RESUMPTION GENERAL INFORMATION
You are welcome to the Obafemi Awolowo University, Centre for Distance.
Learning 2022/2023 Pre – Degree Programme.
Please read the information below as they will assist you to settle down
• You are expected to go through the process of clearance and submit all
the necessary documents to CDL officials.
• You already know the name of your hostel. Hostel providers will lead you
to your various hostels. . (YOU ARE NOT TO PAY ANY EXTRA MONEY TO HOSTEL
PROVIDERS.) Where any demand is made please report immediately to the
• Please note that you cannot change your Hostel without formal approval
from the CDL Management.
• The CDL Moro campus has these facilities within its premises:
1. Lecture Theatres;
2. Reading rooms (Pavilions);
3. The Health Clinic;
4. Female Hostel (Bver Suite);
5. Shopping Mall;
6. CDL Offices. Made-up of :
I. The CDL Administrative Block;
II. Office of the Programme Officer;
III. Office of the Students Affairs Officer/ Guidance Counsellor.
IV. The Security Unit
All medical complaints should be PROMPTLY reported to the Health
Personnel at the School Clinic which is open to the students both day and
night. Medical Personnel could be reached on these cell phone numbers:
– Dr. Oyebola- 07031966122; – Mrs. Otuyemi – 08034741183;
• All Non-medical complaints or questions should be reported to the
Programme Officer (08132447202(JUP) 08032547908(PD) or the
Students Affairs Officer (08111088497)
• The following cell numbers should be contacted in case of any Security
EMERGENCY: – 08067448011; 08032595767; 08038591873;
• Students are to lodge only in the Hostels allocated to them by the CDL
Management. Students are not allowed to lodge in private Hostels, i.e.
Hostels not under the supervision of the CDL Management.
• Change of Hostel will only be considered by the CDL Management for very
• Students are expected to use Hostel facilities responsibly and abide by
• Complaints on Hostel facilities should first be reported to the Hostel
Matron or Warden. Where remedial action is not taken or is not
satisfactory, the Students Affairs Officer should be promptly notified.
• All students are compulsorily expected to be within their Hostel premises
not later than 7.00 P.M daily.
• Sudden noise, false alarm, and other indecent behaviors are not allowed
and will be seriously sanctioned when reported.
• Squatting of anyone (family/ Course mates / friends) is not allowed
Male students are not allowed into female hostels and their surroundings
while female students are not allowed into the male hostels and their
• Cooking shall take place only in designated places and NOT INSIDE THE
• Wrapping of cloths around the bunk is NOT allowed; any form of
lesbianism or homosexuality by any student will face the wrath of the
• Night vigils and national football matches are NOT excuses for either
coming late to the hostel or sleeping outside. First offenders will go on a
week suspension while second offenders will go on two weeks
• Students should collect exeat from the Students Affairs Officer and notify
the hostel wardens when travelling out of town.
• Willful destruction of hostel facilities will be seriously sanctioned.
Students who do such will be held responsible and pay for damages done
to the Hostel facilities. (refer to the sworn oath)
OAU Pre-Degree CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Physical combat of any sort is NOT allowed between students or other
persons. When reported, it will attract a heavy sanction of a suspension
2. Bullying/Harassment of fellow students are not allowed and will not be
tolerated; first offenders will be suspended while such subsequent action
will attract the penalty of expulsion.
3. Sexual harassment of any form to roommates or students is of zero
tolerance. The Penalty is expulsion.
4. Smoking, drinking of alcohol, any form of cult activities, use of hard drugs,
stealing of other students properties, organizing parties are punishable
offences. First offenders will be suspended while second offenders will
5. Willful destruction of school facilities will be seriously sanctioned. Writing
or drawing on walls will attract a ₦10,000 charge. Students will also be
held responsible (i.e. pay for) damages done to school facilities.
6. Students are to ensure proper decorum in and out of the school campus.
They must also be properly dressed.
Girls: should wear clothes that cover them. Skirts should not be above
the knee; ¾ shorts are not allowed on campus; Ripped trousers are not
allowed! Tops and dresses must properly cover nakedness – off shoulder
and armless tops / dresses are not allowed; Girls are also not allowed to
do hairstyles with different colours (Black/Brown ONLY); Hair dyeing to
any colour other than black is not allowed! Fixing of fingernails, Nose
piercing, use of nose rings, anklets, and heavy makeup are not allowed
Boys: Ripped/sagging of trousers, patterned haircuts, plaited hairdo and
wearing of jewelry is not allowed for boys. It should be noted that haircuts
must be a decent trim – it must not be high enough to hold a pen. Boys’
faces should be free of beard; 3/4 shorts are not allowed on campus. Use
of DURAG, ear studs, wig caps are not allowed on campus. NO STUDENT
MUST COME TO SCHOOL IN BATHROOM SLIPPERS! (Such will be
7. Religious worship and other religious activities should be done OUTSIDE
the school premises. Religious tolerance is highly advised. No student
should leave their hostels overnight for any religious activity. First
offender(s) shall be suspended for a week while second offender(s) two
8. Students must compulsorily register both at the School Clinic and on the
TSHIP programme of the NHIS and every student should always have on
them the school ID card, NHIS ID card and the clinic green card.
9. Expensive items like laptops, phones, wristwatches, gold, pieces of
jewelry etc. brought to CDL is at the owner’s risk as CDL Management and
Hostel Providers will not take security responsibilities over these items.
10.Infringement on any of the above regulations will attract appropriate
sanctions as determined by the CDL Management.
11.The Use of earpieces, headsets and ear pods is not allowed in the school
premises and classrooms. Security officers will seize such from students
12.Use of mobile phones is not allowed during classes or lectures – such
will be ceased.
13. Any form of Union activities is strictly prohibited
14. It is COMPULSORY that students put on their ID cards IN AND OUT of the
Campus once they have been given.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NON-COMPLIANCE WITH THESE CODES OF
CONDUCT WILL ATTRACT HEAVY SANCTIONS. YOU ARE A PRE- DEGREE
STUDENT FOR NOW. YOU ARE UNDER THE MANAGEMENT OF THE
CENTRE FOR DISTANCE LEARNING, SO YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH
THE OAU STUDENTS’ UNION. YOUR PRIMARY ASSIGNMENT IS YOUR
STUDIES, PLEASE TAKE YOUR STUDIES VERY SERIOUSLY.
***** PARENTS ARE TO DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE CENTRE;
READ IT AND ENSURE COMPLIANCE BY THEIR WARDS AND SEND A SIGNED COPY BY PARENTS
THROUGH THEIR WARDS AT RESUMPTION. Students are expected to bring a printed copy
personally signed by them as an indication that they have read and understood the content.
Leave a Reply